cosmos problems with splines

I am trying to run an annalysis on a transfer case that i have designed but i am having issues with the transmission of the forces through one of the splines. It only is showing that one of the spline contact surfaces is carrying all of the force which leads to failure. what is the best way to get around this? As it is i am using a contact set that was created by selecting both parts and letting cosmos generate it. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
rkremser

Ok realized what i did wrong, I had only defined one of the surfaces of the spline for the contact gap set. Now with all selected it is working as I expected.

Reply to
rkremser

Why?

What are you trying to learn?

Reply to
TOP

looks like a previous post did not make it to the server. I did figure out what the problem was. When I defined the gap and spacing between the two parts I thought by selected the appropriate mates in the side bar was all that was needed. Instead just the one surface was linked causing the issue that all the force was being transmitted through a single spline. Thanks for reading though and trying to help me out.

Reply to
rkremser