Version Control/File Management System

I need to keep track of all the files related to a few of projects. This includes SolidWorks files, but also electronic schematics, computer source code in multiple languages, etc., lus specification files, parts lists, ideally even online correspondence.

This goes well beyond SolidWorks, but SolidWorks has some of the most complex file relationships so I'm asking here. Also I know Solidworks has a sort of pportfolio system (which I haven't learned yet), but I have a feeling it would not do all I need.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to be able to, if necessary, do thinks line recreate the state of all files as of a given time.

I don't have a lot of users, mainly me and a couple of other people, but I need to be sure that all my valuable designs are tracked and retrievable.

Any anyone suggest products or solutions to this problem?

- Chris Graham

Reply to
Chris Graham

A PDM system, such as PDMWorks, DBWorks, or CONISIO (which we use) is what you are asking for as it will keep track of versions & history, you can put in all sorts of files, lets you lock files so you don't overwrite someone else's changes, etc.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Reply to