Configuration driven multiple equations for the same dimension?

Is it ok to enter the same dimension equation multiple times in the equation window, suppress them, and then unsuppress a different one for each configuration?

I've been experimenting with this but I get the feeling that this might be an undocumented feature and shouldn't really be done?

Is this accepted practice or am I bending SW functionality?

Thanks

Mitch

Reply to
mitch

Mitch, Yes, I believe SolidWorks did do this on purpose. In fact you can add the equations to design table columns and suppress and unsuppress them in there.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Mitch,

Here is the text for the column.

$state@equation_number@equations

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Jim,

Thanks.

By "equation_number" I assume you mean the dimension/equation name to the left of the "=" sign?

Reply to
mitch

Mitch,

It would look like this - $STATE@1@EQUATIONS

For some reason it wants the name of the folder that the equations are in. They give the ability to rename the equations folder to something else. Not sure why anyone would want to do that.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Perhaps it's a way of supporting non-English versions of SW.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Good point! I wouldn't have thought of that.

Reply to
Jim