Panic -- dimension selection for equations

Just when a deadline is due !!!

You know you double click a pattern icon on the feature tree and the dimension and number of instances of the patern become available. You then double click the 'instance' number and can change it for different configurations and add to an equation -

Well- the dimension and instance number no longer appear and so I don't seem to be able to change them for different configurations.

I have shut down and restarted, and kept everything else to the mininimum. I have made fresh new simple patterns but still no luck.

Is there another way to do this other than in a design table?

Is this a know issue?

Am I f****d?

Will it go away if I just pray ?

What can I buy my computer as a present to make it work?

If by chance I meet someone from SW, should I shake his hand or knee him in the groin?

Will I feel better or will I feel shame for my actions?

I am using 2005 sp2 and this started this morning !!

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

I think I am going mad

I have changed the dimensions of the pattern pitch and number within the feature manger dialogue on the left side of the screen for each seperate configuration, and they are remembered by each configuration. Is this new ?? to sw2005. My mind has enough difficulty designing new products without having to remember each little change to SW.

I sometimes think SW Corp think we can devote all our mental capacity to just remebering the sp - sp changes within SW.

I think I need to find another job.!!

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

Jonathan,

It's likely that you will find one of the System Options to have been turned OFF by the installation of SolidWorks 2005 or one of its' service packs.

Take a look at System Options/Display Selection and see whether or not the option "Highlight all edges of features in graphics view" is turned ON.

For example, in order for feature or sketch dimensions to appear when one double clicks upon a part in the viewport, the Highlight option MUST be ON.

I've always prefered to work with it ON and the default (until recently) has been for the option to be active. I can't imagine why anyone would want to turn the option OFF, but some SolidWorks programmer apparently did so for you (in the background) when the recent software was written.

In the Support section of the SolidWorks website there is a February bulletin which pertains to this issue...

Per O. Hoel ________________________

snipped-for-privacy@SPAMuko2.co.uk wrote:

Reply to
POH

If you already changed them once in one config and set it to ThisConfiguration it defaults to it in all subsequent configs I think this is old stuff. They did add to the bottom of the FM the ability to select configs to apply changes to in 2004 but I don't believe it has gone across the board just yet there are a few feature edit windows that lack the new functionality IIRC

Corey2

Reply to
CS

Per

This is ON and i agree - why would anyone want it OFF.

However I double click on a feature and the dimensions appear as normal on the model.

However it does not work for patterns - I cannot get the Pattern pitch dimension or number of instances to appear on the model so that I can alter my equation or change the configuartion amount.

Anyway - no time for straglers - my deadline is looming, so I'll leave this file behind and push on with those others I goot still working !!

TTFN

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

Sometimes I have found that the number are, in fact there, just real hard to find. Since the default color is blue, you might look around the blue parts to see if the numbers are lurking there. I have most often found them like that when I thought they weren't there - look closely everywhere..

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

LOL - thanks for cheering me up - they say the obvious isn't obvious untill its said. - I also seem to find my lost keys in the last place I look.

But still I can't find the f****rs.

Perhaps they ought to strobe on and off at say 3 Hz - is this a good enhancement request!!! - just the right level to give long term harm so we can sue SW for iour retirment.

TTFN

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

Not sure if this relates but, in annotations do you have the "show feature dimensions" turned on?

Reply to
Bob