Texture

Hi,

I need to convert the outlook of an outer layer of a Comm. cable and make it look like the Braided Cupper (or Silver) thin wires of a coaxial cable. I have checked the "Texture" varieties but I could not find it. How can I do it ?

Reply to
DB

For starters get a sample cut it and lay it out flat. Take a picture with a digital camera and import your picture in as a material. You might want to do some cropping and such to get it to look nicer. Anyway after you import it as a material assign it to your surface and adjust the size and angles until it looks right then if needed adjust the rest of the material settings to get the correct shine brightness and such.

Reply to
CS

What about using one of the "fabric" textures and then playing with the color and reflective/specularity properties?

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

You can go to

What about using one of the "fabric" textures and then playing with the

Reply to
Ben

Also if you are using groups-beta.google.com to read this NG then you will see on the right there are links to websites that 3d textures also because of the content of the thread.

Corey

Reply to
CS