Link to dimension in move face feature

Does anyone know how to link to a dimension in a "Move Face" feature?

I have a "move face" feature using the rotate function in the model. I rotated the face 0.8° for adjustment reasons. Now, I would like to link a note in the drawing to this 0.8° rotation dimension so that it update if it were ever changed in the future. Usually you can double click on the feature in the model to show the dimensions, go to the dimension properties, and copy the dimension name for use in the note. However, when you double click on the move face feature, no dimension is shown. I thought I would take a stab at the dimension name as "D1@Move snipped-for-privacy@Part1.sldprt". This did not work. I have no way of knowing what the dimension name is.

Any other thoughts???

Reply to
Seth Renigar

You will have to create a sketch perpendicular to the axis of rotation. Find a known point on the face and draw a line to it from the axis ( before the move face feature ). Do a similar sketch after the feature and dimension between the two created lines. Then you have a linkable dimension. For whatever reason, some features cannot be linked to or added to equations directly ( most notably for me move/copy/rotate ), it appears that the move face is one of them.

Brian Hokanson Starting Line Products

"Seth Renigar" wrote in message news:04e_e.5833$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the work around.

It seems like these dimensions, as well as the others that you mention, should be accessible externally. The data has got to be kept somewhere deep in the code. I will consider this a bug and report it. Hopefully I will get an number. Of course out of the 10-12 numbers that I have gotten over the years, only 1-2 have been fixed yet.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Reply to
Jason Capriotti