Search many SW-files for a dimension

I have a particular dimension, that I use in many parts.

Now this dimension has to change just a little - so to make sure I get all the instances updated I would like to make a directory "search" for this dimension.

Is that possible?

Reply to
Barry

Each file would have to be opened and then searched for your dim.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

OK - how do I do a search for a dim in a part?

Reply to
Barry

Have a look at our cadDoc tool

exports model data as XML. The files contain a table of all features with dimensions, that you could search in Explorer or with a simple text editor. (chek
for a big one) The tool currently export full assemblies, but I planned to add the capability of documenting entire directories.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Look up

ModelDoc2::Parameter also Feature::Parameter

in API help

There is an example in the help. You may need to recurse the features of your model to get all the dimensions with a specific name. I don't know if there is an easier way.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

In the remote possibility that you use external design tables, an Excel macro, working behind SW's back, would work a lot faster

Reply to
rocheey