Dimension position for angles

Is there a way to fix dimension position within a parts sketch? With angular dimensions, using the spin box causes the location of the dimension to go shooting off into space. Something like it retains its leader lengths and moves to a position where they fit between the lines.

Can see this by creating a sketch with two lines with 1 degree of angularity between them. Double click the dimension and change the spin box increment to .1 degree. Spin it a few smaller and confirm. Zoom extents to see where the dimension position actually winds up.

2005 sp3.0
Reply to
Brian

Does not exhibit this behavior for two simple lines that share the same endpoint. But does exist for lines that do not, ie. opposite sides of a trapeziod.

Reply to
Brian

I have tried it both ways and I can't get it to misbehave. I tried just the

2 lines, then I tried the trapezoid where I defined everything. Wherever I place the dim text, there it stays. How about sending me an example and I will try it here.

SW2005 SP3.1

WT

"Brian"

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Guessing that since I am the only one at the company that does any cad at all, therefore self-designated head of engineering. I have the ability to declare an official interrum change to ansi dimensioning standard until further notice. Agile mfg at work!

BTW that fixed it for me, but i'll still send it in as bugs tick me off.

Reply to
Brian