Load ERP materials

Hi all.

I'm a software developer, and I want to link SW with the ERP solution of my company. My customer wants to pick up from a list inside SolidWorks the material a part is made of. Of course, options in the list have to be imported from the ERP. After choose the material from the list, a custom property has to be filled with that value. In the list must be the part number (code) of the material in the ERP and the description. The list must be searchable. The objective is to put this custom property in the Excel BOM and export to the ERP the complete structure of an assemble.

Can we do this with SolidWorks? With an addon? It's not possible? Or we have to focus the problem in a differente way?

Advanced thanks.

Pedro J. Romero.

Reply to
hardkey

Yes, you should be able to do this with SolidWorks. Probably the best integrated solution would be to write a custom addin. I've written several addins that interface with our ERP system to look up part information and product structures for the BOM (and also update the ERP data from SolidWorks). Download the API SDK from the API support section on the SolidWorks website. It has some examples and will build a skeleton addin project for you in a few different languages. There are also lots of examples on the website. Basically, you are just limited by how much time you have to spend in development.

Jonathan Anderson

Reply to
Jonathan Anderson

I can customize Solidsentry for your company. Just let me know your needs and I'll make it work for you

agnaldo.neves

Reply to
Sporkman

Sorry, It was my mistake, SolidReflection is the right one, we are working on new package, SolidSentry

Reply to
agnaldo.neves

I looked at the web site. I wasn't quite clear about how it worked. Is there a manual or sometihng that describes it in detail?

Reply to
TOP

Reply to
agnaldo.neves