SolidWorks File Version Check

Hi,

Well about 12 months ago i put a request for help out there to the macro guru's to create a version checker for SolidWorks files for me. Markku Lehtola of

fame helped out (thanks again!) and created an excel document that helped! Unfortunately there must not be a big demand out there to find file versions so not much else has happened since the first beta.

I was just wanting to see if any others would like such a tool and that if so, do you think we could request some kind of official tool from SWCorp? It would be a real help to have a tool that would get updated at least once every major SW Version so it was compatible with the new release files and a tool that was accurate and could tell us what version of SolidWorks each file was created / saved / and last saved in.

Thanks All,

-HoffY

Reply to
Anonymous

guru's to create a version

of

helped out

there must not be a big demand

do you think we could

have a tool that would get

release files and a tool

created / saved / and last

Hi,

maybe part of the problem is that the method to read the version history is working this way:This method returns an array of strings indicating the versions in which this document was saved, including the active SolidWorks version, which is the last value returned in the array.

So you don't always get the last saved version correctly...

Markku

Reply to
Markku Lehtola