SolidWorks VB-App Needed

SolidWorks Guru's-

I am hurting for an SW App in a major way. Not sure if anyone has anything that can be given to me and modified to fit what I need, or if I am going to be stuck paying someone to do the programming for me. Either way, this is what I am needing.

What I need is an Application that will recursively check for a custom property inside SolidWorks files. If this custom property has a certain value, then a new custom property is created, added to that part, and given the value of the SolidWorks file name. ( $PRP:"SW-File Name" )

Can anyone point me in the right direction on the best way to get this accomplished?

Thnx

Reply to
inthepickle

The SW Task Scheduler has an 'Update Custom Properties' option that may do it.

Reply to
graftedgoyim

Look up DSOFile.dll on this NG using google. Read up on it and write the macro it really isn't that much coding.

Reply to
CS

DSOFile will get the job done, but this is a windows operation and has been known to cause errors in custom properties. Your VAR would be the better choice as we have access to a programming tool from SolidWorks to perform this same operation without opening SolidWorks and the risk of damaging any files.

Reply to
SWX-VAR-JP

What errors has it caused. I know it cannot make an edit if the file is opened or read only but that can be error handled. What else might go wrong.

Reply to
CS