Dassault delisting with SEC

I guess you won't be able to buy shares on Nasdaq anymore.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

I would take it that subscriptions are a big part of SW revenue stream from this SEC posting.

SolidWorks seems to be treated as a little brother mainly to penetrate the 2D market. That is kind of old.

They also seem to be saying SW is a means or entry to other Dassault brands. I haven't really seen that happening except for 3DVia recently.

TOP

From

We have a resilient financial model, with a high level of recurring revenue. For 2007, recurring revenue represented 60% of our total software revenue, with total software revenue accounting for 84% of our total revenue. This high level of recurring revenue contributes to the resiliency of our business, enabling us to continue to invest in critical resources.

GROWTH STRATEGY

We believe there are a number of opportunities to continue to grow our business, including:

=95 Win new accounts: Leverage each brand's excellence to win new accounts. Each of our brands can win new customers and each brand can be an entry point for our other brands.

=95 Solution selling: Provide customers integrated PLM solutions for a broad number of users within an enterprise and throughout the supply chain and spanning design, simulation, collaboration and digital manufacturing. Solution selling thus enables our customers to increase their productivity benefits beyond what they would have achieved through a stand-alone purchase. We are also extending our presence in the supply chain as original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) seek to better integrate design and manufacturing through collaborating more closely with their suppliers and as suppliers move to increase their innovation and profitability through standardizing on the same PLM solution. Our PLM solutions are suited to a broad range of supply chain participants, since they have been designed to address the needs of large-, medium- and small-size businesses.

=95 Extend the use of 3D technology to new users: Expand 3D penetration among the 2D users' community, with our SolidWorks brand as a key driver of 2D to 3D migration, and more broadly extend the value of 3D to new users, businesses and consumers, including with our newest brand, 3DVIA.

=95 Expand indirect sales channels: Enhance our indirect sales channels to increase our penetration of small and medium business enterprises and emerging markets. An important driver of our growth has been our indirect sales channels. In the Mainstream 3D market we have been investing in our SolidWorks indirect distribution network and these efforts have enhanced our sales results. Similarly, in the PLM market, we have been strengthening our indirect channels, and in January 2007 we modified our agreement with IBM to take responsibility for the indirect PLM Value sales channel to enhance our market penetration and market share with small- and medium-size companies.

=95 Expand our total addressable market: Expand our addressable market towards new industries, new software markets and new types of users. Both our product development and acquisition strategies have been key drivers of the expansion of our addressable markets.

Reply to
TOP