Access controlled file names

I am trying to set up a system where a new part or assembly is created using a filename generated from within a access database that my company has already created. Could anyone point me in the direction of how I might go about doing this. I know that I can map the control to the new file event, but am at a bit of a loos as to how to continue. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Reply to
kmcdermot

I have one that I wrote to pick up the current model configuration info and write it to an Access record. Go to

and grab the one called AccessLogOfConfig.swp. (Rather appropriate name, eh?) It might contain some routines that you can use.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

why not use PDMWorks?

Reply to
TP

Thanks Wayne I will take a look at your code :)

TP - We are us> Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
kmcdermot