export format wildfire

Hi,

can anyone tell me in what format Wildfire is able to save? I might purchase Wildfire and I still have to exchange files with companies that use

2001.

Thanks.

Reply to
Domnic Brunelle

The 'File>Save a copy' function gives you access to numerous export formats, all of which produce "dumb" solids that have lost the representation of geometry as features and have lost parametric control over those features. That makes them very difficult to modify. They are certainly excellent for preventing changes, if that's what you wish, and for hiding your construction methods.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

If anyone has the time and inclination; briefly does, and to what extent, the ATB relate to this subject? Is there any substantial benefit if a .neu is used instead of the more generic (.stp, .igs) protocol for going from WF to previous versions? I'm guessing there's just less chance of geometry getting lost in the translation?

Reply to
Jeff Howard