export format wildfire

Hi,
can anyone tell me in what format Wildfire is able to save? I might
purchase Wildfire and I still have to exchange files with companies that use
2001.
Thanks.
Reply to
Domnic Brunelle
: Hi, : : can anyone tell me in what format Wildfire is able to save? I might : purchase Wildfire and I still have to exchange files with companies that use : 2001. : Wildfire can read the 2001 files; 2001 can not read the Wildfire files and there are no translators inside Pro/e that let Wildfire save in an earlier format. There's also a great deal more to it than changing some header information.
The 'File>Save a copy' function gives you access to numerous export formats, all of which produce "dumb" solids that have lost the representation of geometry as features and have lost parametric control over those features. That makes them very difficult to modify. They are certainly excellent for preventing changes, if that's what you wish, and for hiding your construction methods.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
If anyone has the time and inclination; briefly does, and to what extent, the ATB relate to this subject? Is there any substantial benefit if a .neu is used instead of the more generic (.stp, .igs) protocol for going from WF to previous versions? I'm guessing there's just less chance of geometry getting lost in the translation?
Reply to
Jeff Howard

Site Timeline