On PTC site, you can find the following informations
(http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/30892en_file1.pdf ) :
Main Memory : 512 Mb
Disk Space : 900 Mb
CPU Speed : 1Ghz
But you may double these values, because you will have poor
performances with this configuration.
This is some rules to never forget about it :
- Pro/ENGINEER always put objects opened in memory so with 512 Mb, you
will not be able to open more than 512 Mb of Pro/ENGINEER files without
- AMD is not supported in 32bits. Only Pentiums processors are
- Check the list of certified graphic adapters (same document). Only
this graphic boards are supported. Other boards may works, but it's not
reliable to use a non supported graphic adapter
- To be fully certified and be sure to get a standard Pro/ENGINEER
workstation, take a look at certified workstations.
- As it's explain on PTC sites :
PTC certifies complete configurations (processor, graphics, operating
system, etc.) provided by PTC's enterprise platform partners. A
certified configuration is one that PTC has thoroughly tested,
specifically for the current release.
To provide our customers with the benefits available in the latest
technology, PTC continually enhances and improves our software.
A supported configuration is one that has been previously tested and
certified for an earlier release. PTC expects that the current release
will run without issue on this configuration, although it has not been
More info here :
I hope this helps...