On PTC site, you can find the following informations
Main Memory : 512 Mb Disk Space : 900 Mb CPU Speed : 1Ghz
But you may double these values, because you will have poor performances with this configuration.
This is some rules to never forget about it :
- Pro/ENGINEER always put objects opened in memory so with 512 Mb, you will not be able to open more than 512 Mb of Pro/ENGINEER files without swapping.
- AMD is not supported in 32bits. Only Pentiums processors are supported
- Check the list of certified graphic adapters (same document). Only this graphic boards are supported. Other boards may works, but it's not reliable to use a non supported graphic adapter
- To be fully certified and be sure to get a standard Pro/ENGINEER workstation, take a look at certified workstations.
- As it's explain on PTC sites :
Certified hardware PTC certifies complete configurations (processor, graphics, operating system, etc.) provided by PTC's enterprise platform partners. A certified configuration is one that PTC has thoroughly tested, specifically for the current release.
Supported hardware To provide our customers with the benefits available in the latest technology, PTC continually enhances and improves our software. A supported configuration is one that has been previously tested and certified for an earlier release. PTC expects that the current release will run without issue on this configuration, although it has not been specifically tested.
More info here :
I hope this helps...