Intralink Vault Size Grows and Grows.....

Our Intralink (3.2) vault size is growing out of control. Last year (August), the vault size was about 110gb. We've done about 100 projects since that time and it's ballooned to 290gb.

My understanding is that purges need to occur to shrink that. After extensive purging (back to the last two revisions of the project) we've only been able to recover about 40gb of drive space.

So...where o' where is it growing? Our projects range in size (if exported out) to between 200 and 600mb. If I do the math....taking into account our larges project (100 projects x 600mb each=6gb...NOT

180gb)

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to get a full list of projects and their accompanying size (by project) so we know which ones to attack? If anyone has any other ideas I'm totally open to that too.

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
*

Very little in the way of specific reports from within Intralink or DSMU.

Brush up on your SQL and Oracle and dig into the actual tables for the information. One of our Oracle guys created a list of all of the tables with Intralink.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Must be a typo, but 100 x 600mb = 60Gb, not 6Gb. And if you're only purging to the last 2 revs, you could easily have two different versions (not revs) of each file, which would double your storage to

120Mb...... More than 1 version per rev, and you could be up to 180Mb.

Have you tried dumping the entire mess to a backup media and doing a real purge, keeping just the last version of the each rev? I mean, have you every REALLY had occasion to retreive two revs prior?

Regards

Reply to
Pete

Yeah...I know there's very little reports in DSMU or Intralink to list those out, especially with size.

Perhaps your Oracle guy could forward the query he created to the Intralink database?? I'm desperately trying to NOT run out of disk space for our Engineers. Again, though, it's the vault size I need to get smaller. (not the DB size per se)

Yes, I calculated wr>Very little in the way of specific reports from within Intralink or DSMU. >

Reply to
*