cone shaped spring....

Hey does anyone have a idea on how to do a cone shaped spring on proe?
Thanks
Reply to
Steve King
See the help files on 'Helical sweep'. Or, by all means, take a basic modelling course.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
I would think that you'ld make a helical sweep just like when you make a regular straight spring . . . only the profile (the first thing they ask for?) would be at an angle to the base of your spring. Don't forget to put in your rotating axis (I just tried this out and it doesn't warn you when you forget like it would if this were a regular revolve feature.)
hope that helps.
if you want a blow by blow to get to the helical sweep its:
Feature Create Protrusion Advanced/Solid Helical_Swp
and then you have to start setting up your sketching planes and such . . .
(this is assuming, of course, that you're on Pro/E version 2001 . . .)
Reply to
Thalia