Lights

Hello,

I'm looking for basic instruction on how to create light within a model. For example, I have a shoe box size model and a small flashlight sized bulb in one corner. Is it possible to simulate light emitting from the small bulb?

Thanks-

Reply to
CKERIDES

Try creating a conical solid emanating from the light source, and assigning it a translucent colour, if you just want to approximate a light beam without creating actual light.

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

You may find these instructions from the PTC User area helpful. Follow this link:

While it is on Photorendering, it includes tips on lights.

Beyond this, I will say that your approach is wrong. In Pro/e, you do not create the room, it is not shoe box sized or any other sized. You create models and a certain sized scaled room is assumed. You create lights in this room of a certain type (light bulb, spot, etc.) and illuminate your model, in certain ways, from certain angles.

This functionality is available from 'View>Model setup>Lights'. The icons on the right of the input screen let you create different types of lights, the tabbed pages let you define those lights, including location, color, intensity and direction. It is often handy to have points and axes already defined to use for location of lights and direction of directional lights. The interface lets you save these lights with the 'File>Save' menu.

You need to try this out and experiment with it.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes