Re: parameters problem

I'm not using Wildfire, but in 2001 when you create a part within an assembly, one of your initial options is to "Copy from existing." This lets you start your new part with a start part which, I imagine, has your parameters embedded in it.

-- Eugene N. Kilmer Owner/Mag Drafting

Reply to
Eugene N. Kilmer

Predrag, you can create a part in assembly mode using your part normal template. After you get past the initial part name and type definition screen, the program takes you to a selection box titled Creation Options. Click the radio button to select 'Copy from existing'. Then, go down to the box labelled 'Copy from' and click the Browse button. Maneuver through the directories to where your templates are stored and select the one you wish to use. Click OK and it will immediately take you to the assembly component placement screen. Assemble it as you would any other component or leave it where it is as a 'packaged' component. This new component should have all your parameters in it.

David Janes

When I create the new part within assembly mode ProE doesn't load the > template, so all of mine user defined parameters from the part > template are lost. That means I have to manually type in all needed > parameters for all of the parts created in assembly mode. > This is very tedious and time consuming so if anyone knows how to keep > the part template parameters please let me know. > I use Pro/E wildfire. > > Thanks, > Predrag
Reply to
David Janes

Thanks, MNM, very good point. Setting start_model_dir to your template directory allows the 'Copy from' input box to be already filled in with a template name from that directory. So, why doesn't setting the value of 'template_solidpart' to your default template result in this value being placed on the input line? Instead, it adds the first template in the list. Anyway, it gets you to the directory, instead of the more cumbersome maneuvering I described.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Mark, I just proved, to my own satisfaction, that you're right about Pro/e 'remembering' the last template used. After I created a part in assembly, selecting a metric template, I created a second part the same way. It had the name of the template that I'd just picked entered on the input line for selection.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes