is there PTC conflict between ProEngineer and Cadence OrCAD

Is there PTC license conflict between ProEngineer and Cadence OrCAD?

We have installed both ProEngineer 2007 WildFire 3 and OrCAD 15 with Cadence license manager in the same XP Dell systems.

However, the ProEngineer refuse to started: License request failed for feature PROE_200: -97 The desired vendor daemon is down. We have installed this with valid license and key.

The OrCAD is still running.

Is the PTC license both these two programs in conflict?

Reply to
Anthony Franks

Anthony, Take a look in the ProE license manager file, and see if there is a debug.log file. it will contain the actual errors the license server saw. It could be port number conflicts, an error in the license installation, or several dozen other problems. When in doubt, call ProE and ask them for help!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

We have installed both ProEngineer 2007 WildFire 3 and OrCAD 15 with Cadence license manager in the same XP Dell systems.

However, the ProEngineer refuse to started: License request failed for feature PROE_200: -97 The desired vendor daemon is down. We have installed this with valid license and key.

The OrCAD is still running.

Is the PTC license both these two programs in conflict?

Are you using FlexLM License Management? So does PTC for Pro/E. Which did you install first? It is possible only one can "own" the license manager.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

Yes, looks like Cadence license manager now owns the PTC license when I install OrCAD last. Yuck,

Reply to
Anthony Franks

OrCAD last. Yuck,

You can always count on OrCAD ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Can't you switch OrCAD to a different license manager? I thought I saw that it has two license management schemes.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes