Re: install ProE on Vista 64

We spend a few days trying to install all the ProE Wildfire 2.0 and 3.0. We are unable to get the license working.

We kept getting: License request failed for feature PROE_200: -8: Invalid (inconsistent) license key.

License request failed for feature PROE_INHOUSE: -5: No such feature exists.

Is there anyway we can get this working in this Vista 64 bit system? Thank you.

Did you contact PTC to generate a new license file for this machine? You need to go to their website, Customer Support and do one of the Licensing Tools items (possibly Reconfigure Software Licenses).

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

Did you contact PTC to generate a new license file for this machine? You need to go to their website, Customer Support and do one of the Licensing Tools items (possibly Reconfigure Software Licenses).

David Janes

Asked my boss. They were told to pay for another license. But they do not want to pay for another license for Vista. They do not think this company will switch to Vista.

Guess it left my new Dell without ProE to do any work. Yuck. Got SolidWork working here so far.

Reply to
AMcG

need to go to their website, Customer Support and do one of the Licensing Tools items (possibly Reconfigure Software Licenses).

to pay for another license for Vista. They do not think this company will switch to Vista.

working here so far.

If you're transferring your license to a new computer you shouldn't have to pay for a new license. People get new computers all the time, especially if they're going to Wildfire;-)

PTC have a form that tracks the transfer to a new computer. You can get it off their website. Of course you are supposed to remove ProE from the old one. Your boss has been told the wrong thing or else he doesn't understand what he was told.

Reply to
graminator

need to go to their website, Customer Support and do one of the Licensing Tools items (possibly Reconfigure Software Licenses).

want to pay for another license for Vista. They do not think this company will switch to Vista.

working here so far.

-- Will they transfer licenses if your maintanence has lapsed? Maybe this is the issue.

Reply to
jusford

need to go to their website, Customer Support and do one of the Licensing Tools items (possibly Reconfigure Software Licenses).

want to pay for another license for Vista. They do not think this company will switch to Vista.

SolidWork working here so far.

Sure. Just as long as you pay what you owe ;-)

Actually you can probably haggle to have a bit of the back pay reduced.

Reply to
graminator