HostID Problems with Pro E WF 3.0 Student Edition

I am having the license error message:

"License request failed for feature PROE_StudentEdition2: -8:

Invalid (inconsistent) license key."

I believe this is being caused by the HostID for my laptop.

I received the license via offline from Journey Ed, I used the command prompt to obtain the physical address which was a 12 digit number. I received the license via email, then I installed ProE. During the installed there was an error message about not a valid license. During the installation I noticed the HostID on the opening install page was different from the physical address that I used from the command prompt. After the installation I tried opening ProE and I received the above message.

Has anyone ever encountered this issue?

Thanks.

Reply to
anbeall

I modified the license file slightly and received the above error.

When move the license file from my email to the appropriate directory I get the following error:

"License request failed for feature PROE_StudentEdition2: -9:

Invalid host."

Again, has anyone encountered this issue?

Thanks, again.

Reply to
anbeall

My guess is that you have 2 NIC cards and you sent JourneyED the one that PTC setup is not seeing. Run ipconfig/all and see if one of the cards matches the address you sent. You have 2 choices. Request a new license file with the address that PTC setup sees or edit the registry to swap the startup order of the cards.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

On Mar 20, 7:54 pm, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote: > I am having the license error message: >

I modified the license file slightly and received the above error.

When move the license file from my email to the appropriate directory I get the following error:

"License request failed for feature PROE_StudentEdition2: -9:

Invalid host."

Again, has anyone encountered this issue?

Thanks, again.

When you run ptcsetup from the installation disk, it shows the host id, also called the MAC address, at the bottom left of the screen. This is the number it uses to encrypt the license key, the one you send to PTC to obtain the license. I believe it's the same process to obtain a license for the professional version as well.

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks for the info. I will probably try to get a new license file from PTC. When I run ipconfig/all it shows only one NIC card.

Thanks again.

Reply to
anbeall