running the student pro/E release

Dear all,
from a french pro/e supplier I have received pro/E 2001 student
release.
Once pro/E is installed, you must still leave the CDROM in the driver
in order to run pro/E.
I have made a first installation on a deskpot PC with one CR driver
and it has run properly.
On a second PC, even with the CDROM in the CD driver, I was not able
to start pro/E. Each time a message in a window has told me that the
CDRom should be in the CD driver!!!!
The difference between the two PCs is that the second has a CDROM
burner and a DVD driver. The first one is master the second slave.
I have also put the autorun detect status so that both divers are set
to autorun. Thus pro/e's setup menu is well detected when the cdrom is
in the cdburner. However I was still not able to start pro/E.
Has anybody faced this problem? Could it be solved?
Thanx in advance
/michael
Reply to
michael
I'm a little confused by what is said but, the CD MUST be in the Master and not the Slave.
Greg Albert
Reply to
Greg Albert