running the student pro/E release

Dear all,

from a french pro/e supplier I have received pro/E 2001 student release.

Once pro/E is installed, you must still leave the CDROM in the driver in order to run pro/E.

I have made a first installation on a deskpot PC with one CR driver and it has run properly.

On a second PC, even with the CDROM in the CD driver, I was not able to start pro/E. Each time a message in a window has told me that the CDRom should be in the CD driver!!!!

The difference between the two PCs is that the second has a CDROM burner and a DVD driver. The first one is master the second slave. I have also put the autorun detect status so that both divers are set to autorun. Thus pro/e's setup menu is well detected when the cdrom is in the cdburner. However I was still not able to start pro/E.

Has anybody faced this problem? Could it be solved?

Thanx in advance /michael

Reply to
michael

I'm a little confused by what is said but, the CD MUST be in the Master and not the Slave.

Greg Albert

Reply to
Greg Albert