Spring design question

I want to create a spring with both closed and ground ends using a family table. Most of our company's springs are purchased from Lee Spring Co. and
they only supply OD, Wire Dia, Free Length, Spring Rate, and Solid Height. I need to be able to figure out the total number of coils based on this info to include in the part relations. Is there a formula? Does anyone have a similar Pro/E model or know where I can download one?

Have you tried to use the solid height divided by the wire diam = num of turns? ( solid height should be the spring in a fully compressed state with no gap between the coils ) I use that and it is close enough for a visual rep of a wire spring.
-

"Machinery's Handbook" has a complete section on springs and spring design with all the formulas. The way Stu suggests is roughly correct or completely right for plain springs. For ground ends, it's the number of turns minus one and for closed ends, closed and ground or squared and ground, it's the number of turns minus two.
David Janes
Thanks Stu and David,
I emailed Lee Spring with the question and they called me within an hour with the same answer you both gave. Your help is always appreciated.
Jason