compressed spring

Hello All,

I am creating an animation using an exploded view. Does anyone know of a way to show a spring compressing? I have two configs of the spring, one compressed and the other uncompressed. Can I swap out the parts during the animation? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Kathie

You have to make the spring dynamic by constraining it, Probably equations tied to it's height. And create it using rev count. I beleive Mike Wilson has an example

CS

There is an example of using a spring in an animation in the download area of the Colorado SolidWorks User Group website, cosug.com

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler

Thanks to both of you for your help and the websites. Hopefully, I can figure it out.

Reply to
Kathie

I have a couple of springs that can be easily used for animations.

The links below will allow you to download the compression spring, and an extension and torsion spring I had laying around. The models are for education on modeling strategy only - I did not look up any springs for

real, nor did I take a ton of time to clean up the models the way I would if I was doing them for a customer/delivering to a customer.

By the way, the compression spring is kind of cool because it shows a trick for getting equations to evalaute betwen frames in an animation. I needed the spring to be equation driven so anyone could use it to add coils, change diameter, etc without doing a lot of reconstruction. The spring I did a few years ago used equal sketch relations to flex the spring, so it would be a lot of work to make any change. I figured I ought to beat the limitation if I was going to share it.

Reply to
ed1701