Breaking coaxial hole refs from another part in WF2

Gurus,

I created a hole in assy mode in WF2 build M080. Instead of figuring where the hole should go, I activated the mating part and created a coaxial hole referenced to the axis of the mating hole in the other part.

How can I break the ref to the other part and redefine this hole to be linear?

I used to be able to do this in 2001...

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike

In 'Help>Help Center>Global Search', type "reference scope" (with the quotes) and pick Fundementals, Part Modelling and Assembly/Welding as the Functional Areas. Most of these reference tell you to set various default scope refs to "copy", which means that, instead of referencing an out-of-scope reference, the system simply copies the referenced part's axis into your part, no translating to linear dims necessary. Of course, part of the trick is to set the default reference scope correctly. Anyway, the Help info goes into that.

Reply to
David Janes