Wildfire boot times

Hi All

When I boot Wildfire after a cold start of my machine (P4-2Gig laptop) it takes well over a minute. If I shut WF down and then reboot it launches in about 10 seconds. The licence is local (on my machine). What is it initiating that takes so long on the first boot?? Can I speed this up? Why bother ?? I lecture in the use of ProE so when I cart my computer to lectures it does the long boot for ProE which is very annoying.

Reply to
Bill McBride

The first time any program loads into memory it takes longer than a subsequent launch of the program. Most OS's cache program segments since it is faster to restore a segment from memory than to reload it from disk. Benchmarking will almost always do the timing on a second program start because of this.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

David Janes

Reply to