AD: Single Chip Video Generator

The SV1000 Video Generator IC Controller is a simple to use, low cost, low power embeddable video generator that requires no external memory
to operate. Commands are sent to the SV1000 using a serial port. The NTSC video output will drive a TV, VCR or any other composite display.
http://www.speechchips.com/shop/item.asp?itemid $
Low Cost Single Chip Video Generator Produces monochrome NTSC compatible video Works with Stamp, PIC, 8051, AVR, etc 64x100 Resolution Pixel graphics 3 Built in Fonts 9600 N81 Serial Interface Line Draw Command
Thanks, Ken www.speechchips.com
Hello Ken,
That looks like a great little chip. Are you going to be posting a datasheet for it sometime in the near future? It looks like something I could use in one of my projects but would like to get some more info on how it is programmed from the host device.
Regards,
Robert
http://www.robotworkshop.com
snipped-for-privacy@maine.rr.com (Kenneth Lemieux) wrote in message

Hi Robert,
I have updated the page with more details about the SV1000 Video Generator. I am also trying to price in low enough so it is a "what the heck, that looks cool" sort of purchase.
http://www.speechchips.com/shop/item.asp?itemid $
Thanks, Ken www.speechchips.com
snipped-for-privacy@bizserve.com (Robert L. Doerr) wrote in message

At $10 I think you hit the mark! I think I'm gonna get one and combine it with a relay and a caller-ID chip so when I get a phone call in the middle of my favorite show, it will quickly switch to the SV1000 and display caller ID info. It would be even better if I could overlay the SV1000 output on existing video. Maybe the SV2000...
--TE
yes, even monochrome over monochrome would be nifty

caller
I'll be working on video overlay in a month or two but that takes a little more than a single chip.
Ken www.speechchips.com
snipped-for-privacy@maine.rr.com (Kenneth Lemieux) wrote in message

Any chance of a PAL version ????
If there is enough interest I may do one.
Ken www.speechchips.com

You asked for it, you got it. SV1000 now supports NTSC/PAL and SECAM. Ken www.speechchips.com
Hmm! NTSC - Never Twice the Same Color SECAM - System Essentially Contary to the American Method PAL - Peace At Last
At least that was the view 30 years ago when I was mending tele's. Sheesh! I'm getting old.
Gerry, (who's looking to build a robotic zimmer frame next)