AIMind - Win32Forth

ATM,

I have implemented your changes from Jan - Feb. What I am noticing now is all responses use the object of the input SVO as the subject of the response. Is that what you were intending? I have not walked through the data to see why this is happening. But I think it has to do with the values of the activation used, since they were changed in the past few months. I hope to be able to get a grip on it before the weekend is out.

Thoughts?

Frank AiMind-I.com

Reply to
Frank

Yes, but things are getting much trickier now. In the subject-verb-object (SVO) sequence, a (direct) object in the AI knowledge base may not have an associated verb and downstream object to keep the chain of thought going.

For that reason (lack of continuity in thought), the MindForth program up to (most recent) 1feb2008 includes a "detour" variable and code for "backing out" or detouring away from an un-finishable thought -- one where the subject has no associated verb.

However, even backing out of unfinishable thoughts is not sufficient for demonstrating AI Mind functionality. We need additional algorithmic code to make the chain of thought not only abandon (detour from) an incomplete thought, but to "jump" from a dead--end line of thought to other food for thought in the AI knowledge base. (If the AI Mind was installed in a robot, the Sensorium would provide the "food".)

But I digressed in February 2008 from coding to writing

-- the AI User Manual, burgeoning up to 26 print-out pages.

Now I really want to update both Mind.Forth and

in JavaScript, and I suppose it is only a matter of time and labor.

Once again I think you're right. On my agenda is a task of experimenting with the activation-values so as to zero in on the optimal values (least spurious thinking) for all outset values arbitrarily set by the AI coder.

My thoughts are that right now we are probably both pretty much at the same stage in our AI development. I have not yet finished the MindForth User Manual.

is where I am still embedding links in the Manual.

FJR, this enquiry from you bolsters my motivation to get some new work done in the near future. I will announce whatever I come up with in c.l.f or in the Yahoo win32forth group, or both.

Bye for now,

Arthur T. Murray

--

mentifex