Any Vex hack sites?

    --Well the prices are finally reasonable; bought the $300 retail Vex kit yesterday from a Radio Shack close-out sale for $100; get 'em while
they're cheap, yes? So who's doing what with them; i.e. I'd appreciate any links to projects folks are doing with the system.     --Thanks,
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Concave, convex, con
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : carne: all is Zen..
steamer wrote:

    --Hmmm; interesting observation. I'm beginning to thing I'll use Vex components but start diddling with the picaxe chip, as many who are low on the learning curve (like me) seem to be migrating to that platform. Just found out a friend on another list is working on a model boat autopilot based on this chip; now there's a nice out-of-the-ordinary application! :-)
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Concave, convex, con
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : carne: all is Zen..

There's an article in the Summer edition of Robot magazine that uses a Vex micro-switch on a non-Vex bot.
This site has Vex stuff that is cool but pricey: http://www.vexlabs.com /
This guy built a beer pouring/fetching 'bot from Vex: http://orionrobots.co.uk/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=5&comments_parentId 9 http://www.retrofire.com/showthread.php?t 0
Kinda cool --- scroll down for the omnidirectional photos http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/24505
That + Google oughta get you started ! JCD