are you the creator and manufacturer of the "BalBot" ?

Just took a look at your site, which I realized I have been to several times before. Just curious, are you the creator and manufacturer of the "BalBot" ?

Anyway, great site and cool looking bots, and everything else on there!

Reply to
pogo

No, I'm not. But thanks for asking.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Spencer

No offense, but it was not at all clear to whom you were directing your question. At least in my news reader, your original question just shows up standalone without being threaded underneath a post from the person to whom you were presumably directing the question. In fact, when I saw your question, I began scanning backwards to try and figure out who you were talking to but I could not, so I just shrugged and went on. So I doubt the previous poster was trolling - perhaps they thought you were talking to them since it is really not clear?

-Brian

Reply to
Brian Dean

Hey Brian. I hadn't thought about that. I was replying to Chris Spencer, who did reply to my post in a manner which seemed to indicate he was using a reader configured to keep the threads together. You might be right!

I had the same problem when I recently reinstalled Outlook Express. There is an option in OE to group the threads together: View -> Current View -> Group Messages by Conversation. I'll bet your newsreader has a similar option !

Anyway, thanks for bringing this to my attention, since I may very well have offended someone that I didn't mean to.

Thanks again ! JCD

Reply to
pogo

Yes, and I use it by default. But the post in question from you did not thread correctly - it is unthreaded and looks like a brand new post in my news reader (mutt). It could be that the message you were replying to has simply been deleted from my news server and there's no message left to thread under. The news server for my service seems to keep messages from this group for about two weeks only.

-Brian

Reply to
Brian Dean

I'll bet that's it. I see quite a few "RE: blah blah ..." messages on mine right now.

Still, it was a good point and thanks for alerting me to it.

Reply to
pogo