Artificial Intelligence in Government: Asimov's Multivac

snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote in message

I'll offer some speculative remarks.
I think it's much more tragic than that.
By making silly assumptions about what intelligence is, we would be handing over our control to machines that are not genuinely intelligent, ie. fascist optimization engines.
Today, most people prefer to be stupid, efficient automatons, instead of creative and intelligent machines. (An ideal alternatively called the american dream)
Indeed, most people have already become as dumb as Microsoft Windows operating systems. You feed in tasks, and they process these orders according to some predetermined priority.
The only way out of this dilemma would be solving AI, not impeding progress.
I suppose the automatons I refer to will have a hard time appreciating my argument. That which doesn't need to generate control signals of its own, can never gain consciousness.
Regards,
-- Eray Ozkural

What are these assumptions?

What constitutes non-genuine intelligence, and what on earth has it to do with fascism?

You have taken a poll on people's preferences I presume?
<snip>

To be honest I can't see any argument at all. Why don't you try re-phrasing it?
thanks,
--
Kevin Calder

Since the requirement for politicians before entering politics is to have half their brains removed, AI is bound to be more effective and all should benefit
Paddy
writes

writes

For commentary on the future of AI's in the military see Alienthe's technical musings from a while back:
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=alienthe+future+war&hl=en&lr=&selm 875A88.6080405%40hotmail.com&rnum=1
beep,
--
Kevin Calder

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (David Harper) wrote:

I think that the biggest thing that you have to consider is that its people that program the computer, so keep in mind the GIGO garbage in garbage out.