ADXL202 + OOPIC

Hi all,

I've had a look through the posts here and there seem to be plenty of people using the ADXL 202 for their robots.

I have bought an adxl202 and after a lot of agro (i bought the surface mount version by accident) I have a nicely wired up circuit board with gnd / +ve and two pairs of outputs.

My original idea was to use the analogue outputs, but the voltage change over these inputs is only between 2.0 and 3.0, so i don't get very good resolution on the oopic a2d.

Am i better multiplying and shifting the analog output, or smoothing out the PWM output to get a nice wide voltage range? Is it possible to make these variable, preferably so that the same device increases the multiplier while increasing (more -ve) the shift, so that i have a gain control.

TIA

Russ

Reply to
Arachnoid

It is better to measure the pulse width directly, that is what the PWM outputs are for. There is no point smoothing the PWM and measuring that because it is generated from the analog output anyway - you will be better measuring analog directly. Also the PWM does not vary from 0% to 100% just as the voltage does not go from 0V to 5V.

If you really want to use analog, amplify/shift the analog outputs.

-Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Watman

Is it just me or does the ADXL 202 suck?

BRW

Reply to
Bennet Williams

Reply to
Blueeyedpop

It depends what you want to ues it for...

If you want it for sensing angle, it is very good. If you want it for intertial navigation yes, it sucks.

-Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Watman

It can't be used alone for inertial navigation, but you can use it among other techniques.

-- D. Jay Newman

Reply to
D. Jay Newman