OOPic PC communication

I'm trying to send or access a variable's value from the OOPic II+ with a PC through the parallel port and I2C network. Does anyone have
experience with this and can offer advice about the programming?
: I'm trying to send or access a variable's value from the OOPic II+ : with a PC through the parallel port and I2C network. Does anyone have : experience with this and can offer advice about the programming?
The OOPic site and the OOPic Yahoo group has VB source code to do an I2C over the parallel port to an OOPic. Since you have and OOPic II+ you should look into getting an RS232 level converter chip and use SCP over the serial port, this is far faster and more reliable than the parallel port bit banged I2C.
<shameless self promotion> Want to know how? Check out my book noted in my tagline. </shameless self promotion>
DLC
* Dennis Clark snipped-for-privacy@frii.com www.techtoystoday.com *