avr help

hai guys i really flushed out in searching for a avr programmer.though i got some , like pony prog winavr etc iam unable to program my avr ic atmega8515.iam using XP in my system.i like any of you to help me sort in this regard. i want a clear steps for programing my avr ic atmega8515 using any simple software, which should work on XP.i really need this waiting for ur replys

thank u

kumaresh

Reply to
kumaresh

step 1: buy ATAVRISP2 programmer (the USB version) - it is cheap enough step 2: stand back and watch it doing the job step 3: get on with project instead of wasting time fiddling with home made programmers !

dave

kumaresh wrote:

Reply to
Dave

Hi,

Your using a parallel port programmer? If your PC is a portable then pickup or build an STK200/300 compatible programmer. On most portables the voltages on the port are too low to program an AVR without using a buffer chip.

You also need administrator rights under XP to allow you to install & configure the I/O driver used to talk to the parallel port.

Regards Ian Dobson

Home of the Atmel based UDP mobile web cam

mails scanned with av-filter.pl (F-Prot / perl)

"kumaresh" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@c28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
ian dobson

something like this perhaps:

Don McKenzie

Looks like a good choice, but that restriction to 5V could become an embarassment - everything I do these days is 3.3V or less ...

I guess the basic point to be made is that spending a certain amount on good tools will get you further, faster. It can be very frustrating when you get a fault and haven't a clue what is causing it. If I'm about to work with a new processor or FPGA I buy somebodies simple dev board first - gives me a 'working reference' to compare my efforts with.

have fun

Dave

Reply to
Dave