BBoy went a wanderin'

Hi I put up a small page about BBoy my latest robotic creation. http://www.canbotics.com/BBoy/BBoy.htm
It uses a variety of interesting functions, some of them done as test
projects for a local robotics company. The "radar" screen is kinda cool.
Comments welcome.

Can you capture images into a VB program for processing with your setup?
John Casey

Try looking at: http://www.videoforwindows.com / Although I haven't done image capture I see that there is documentation on how to do that.
Tom

I have VB example code for capturing images for processing via webcams connected directly to the computer. The image in you VB program _has_ an image so I assumed you could display the images in your program as you received them? Do you just view them on a separate monitor or programs? I notice also they have a lot of compression noise.
John

I guess you are asking if I get live video? The answer is yes. Both live video and radar plots come in wirelessly(?) from BBoy into that proggie you see on the movie. The example video taken from my upstairs computer while BBoy was wandering downstairs. In real life the images are as good as a cheapy X-10 cam can do. I heavilly compressed the movie to make for faster download for all of us still stuck with dial-up connections.
Tom

you
I haven't seen the movie. My connection is too slow for that.
If your proggie is displaying the video you can add functions to get your robot to use vision to do things like read signs, or follow a path to find its way around. You would turn off any compression though to make the processing easier.
John

Your web pages don't seem to work with mozilla. http://www.canbotics.com
click on a link. the title comes up but nothing else.
Any chance of posting or emailing me details on the video and wireless setups.
Is the video solution your using windows only ?
Thanks
Alex

which one ?

with
servo
wandering
in
dam I was hoping for something crossplatform or at minimum linux.
Thanks.
Alex Gibson

This was a set I "borrowed" from my CYE robot from personal robotics The receiver is model VR31A for use with XC10-a the camear is a wired X-10 camera
sorry about no linux... someday maybe Tom