Can you ID this motor?

I'm new to electronics and thought I was working with a DC motor. The reason I thought it was DC was becuase it was powered by a single AA
battery. After reading the information at http://www.robotics.com/motors.html , I'm thinking the motor I have is actually a stepper motor. So, I bought the motor in question at a hobby shop for 99 cents and looks similar to the motor pictured at this URL, http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTOR-12-Volt-DC-C6464-60002-Parts-or-Hobby_W0QQitemZ190019420082QQcmdZViewItem
What type of motor do you think this is? Thanks for the help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTOR-12-Volt-DC-C6464-60002-Parts-or-Hobby_W0QQitemZ190019420082QQcmdZViewItem
That motor looks like a regular DC motor. A stepper motor will have several leads - your motor only has 2.
Also, if it turns continuously when hooked up to the AA battery, you know it is not a stepper. A stepper motor needs some kind of driver electronics to sequence the coils in a particular order. ( I'm sure others on here will correct me if I am wrong ! )
Hope that helps !
bah, its not even one of the good ones with the encoder on it (the digital servo motors)
and they didn't include the linear encoder :(
dan
pogo wrote:

Vinnie wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTOR-12-Volt-DC-C6464-60002-Parts-or-Hobby_W0QQitemZ190019420082QQcmdZViewItem
This particular motor is surplus out of an HP printer, and is worth more or less 99 cents. People throw these old printers away because a new printer is so cheap these days.
It is indeed a DC motor.
-- Gordon