Cost of an articulated arm

I need to automate some tasks in a machine shop for which we are considerin g using an articulated arm. Its maximum payload (including gripper) will be
5 kg. I need a quick and dirty estimate of cost. My requests for price quo tes are awaiting responses. I realize that actual costs vary and depend on a number of factors, but at this time I need only a crude estimate. Can som eone help?
dsv
replying to Dsv ojdfpiv , passerby wrote:

How many degrees of freedom? Or put it other way, what is the actual operation it will need to do? I noticed you avoided using the term "robotic arm" - any specific reason, I wonder? Like only two/three DOFs or something like that?
What's the end effector - a standard gripper or a specialized fixture?
There's a TON of surplus robotics out there - something you'd be willing to look at? Not counting the cost of its integration into your workcell (not a small expense either), I would say you can pick up a reasonably little-worn surplus robotic arm for 5kg payload and a controller for less than $5,000. The trick is usually to install, program and troubleshoot - do you have someone in house who would do that? Otherwise, a turnkey solution would cost way more - I would not even dare to estimate not knowing the details.

The robotic arm needs to have 6 degrees of freedom. Had I needed 2-3 degrees, I suppose I would have looked for a SCARA robot. I am looking for an articulated robotic arm.

The end effector will be purchased separately, and I am trying to get a ballpark cost for the robotic arm only.

I am open to buying a used robotic arm, but I suppose the cost of that would be a lot more uncertain. The list price of a robotic arm is the easiest way for me to proceed with my cost estimate.
dsv