Digital micro video camera

I'm looking for small (very small) digital camera, some thing like one used on mobile phones. Can some one would recommend any source of component and/or app. info about MICRO digital cameras?

Reply to
dfer

Like this perhaps? Wireless MicroCam?

About the size of your thunb or smaller. Surprizingly good quality, RF link to rcvr.

Haven't tried the SmartMiniCam or binoculars.

Reply to
Randy M. Dumse

Ebay is usually a good source for these -- especially if you're looking for wireless -- there's a slew of cheap cams coming out of china these days. REGIS uses one of these for video. 99 cents -- plus around $28 for shipping, naturally. Still a good deal. Some of these cameras are no more than 1/2 inch square, although light response will vary. The "pinhole" cameras appear to be the worst if used indoors.

H> I'm looking for small (very small) digital camera, some thing like one used

Reply to
The Artist Formerly Known as K

*** Insky Engineering When you need an engineer really bad, we are. *** *** *** *** Voice, Video, And Data for Doctors, Lawyers, and even the Police Chief. ***
Reply to
Bill Teasley

Compgeeks below often has some cams that are in the price range for hacking.

?cat=VID

Reply to
Si Ballenger

If you're looking for digital phone cameras, then Dr. Robot has one:

I have never ordered from them, but I've considered it. I haven't found another source for these cameras.

-- D. Jay Newman

D. Jay Newman

Anyone know of higher-resolution units with autofocus and zoom, such as in typical consumer pocket cameras? I've found some high resolution FireWire cameras but they're huge and terribly expensive.

I want to mount a couple on pan-tilt heads on my robot - not for navigation, but for telepresence viewing.

Thank you.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird