Digital ServoMotors

Hello to all, a probably very stupid question.....: "the digital servomotors them are controlled like those analogic ones" ?

I must pilot the oscillation of a sensor laser and have need of max the precision, for this I asked myself even if is possible to gain the position of the motor during the pilotage......

Thanks to all Walter

Reply to
Hawkiller

Walter A stepper motor could be a good choice if you are requiring repeatable precision. A stepper of 200 steps/rev operated in 'half step' mode would give you a resolution of 400 steps/ rev or 360/400 degrees. For higher precision you could gear the motor to you sensor. By counting the steps that are being sent to the motor you will then know its position.

Regards

Ian Drennan

Reply to
Ian Drennan