Digital ServoMotors

Hello to all, a probably very stupid question.....: "the digital servomotors them are controlled like those analogic ones" ?
I must pilot the oscillation of a sensor laser and have need of max the precision, for this I asked myself even if is possible to gain the position of the motor during the pilotage......
Thanks to all Walter
--
Walter Lucetti

position