Drive Assembly

Hello All

I was wondering what type of drive assembly some of you are using on your robots?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Reply to
pacman

I like cordless drill and screw driver motors.

Come with planetary gears that often get you right into your target RPM range.

Come in various sizes and can handle wheeled platforms up to about 100 pounds.

And not very expensive for what you get. Just don't buy the really cheap Black & Decker stuff as they don't have anything worth working with inside.

One downside is that you usually need to make custom mounts and sometimes other special mods.

Not a problem if you have access to a decent shop but can be a knock out factor if all you have is a saw and a drill press.

DOC

pacman wrote:

Reply to
doc