Check out the "squiggle motor" ...

Check out the "squiggle motor". Slick!

Pogo

Slick!

JCD

These have been discussed before here. I had them quote me prices and for the model I asked about, it was about $600/motor. With the limited range of motion, limited force, fairly large weight, and incredibly high cost, I don't see them as having too many applications just yet. Now, if they were able to reduce that price by 95%, then maybe I could see them being useful...

-Michael

Reply to
Mike

Slick!

> JCD

Wow! That's pretty dang pricey! Thanks for the info. JCD

Reply to
Pogo

Slick!

JCD

I have a concern about a company that specifies rotational motor parameters in linear units (e.g. force instead of torque, linear speeds instead of rotational speed).

BRW

Reply to
BRW

These are linear motors in the sense that their work output produces a linear motion. You'd expect the specs that they provide.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

So if you want a lot of small light weight inexpensive actuators, say a hundred or so, what do you use?

Reply to
Brad Smallridge

Have you seen these:

Later, Jon

-------------------------------------------------------------- Jon Hylands snipped-for-privacy@huv.com

Project: Micro Raptor (Small Biped Velociraptor Robot)

Jon Hylands

=20 Cool! JCD

Reply to
Pogo

Interesting, but still a little pricey. What is the technology? It doesn't really say in the web site.

And what about the hand in the web site?

Brad Ai Vision

Brad Smallridge

I'm wondering about the RoboSapien in the photo that leads to the = products page. Does this mean they are used in that bot ? Anyone know? JCD

Reply to
Pogo