Check out the "squiggle motor" ...

Check out the "squiggle motor". Slick! http://www.newscaletech.com/squiggle_overview.html JCD

On Apr 10, 12:19 am, "Pogo"

These have been discussed before here. I had them quote me prices and for the model I asked about, it was about $600/motor. With the limited range of motion, limited force, fairly large weight, and incredibly high cost, I don't see them as having too many applications just yet. Now, if they were able to reduce that price by 95%, then maybe I could see them being useful...
-Michael

Wow! That's pretty dang pricey! Thanks for the info. JCD
On Apr 10, 1:19 am, "Pogo"

I have a concern about a company that specifies rotational motor parameters in linear units (e.g. force instead of torque, linear speeds instead of rotational speed).
BRW
BRW wrote:

These are linear motors in the sense that their work output produces a linear motion. You'd expect the specs that they provide.
-- Gordon
So if you want a lot of small light weight inexpensive actuators, say a hundred or so, what do you use?
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:54:01 -0700, "Brad Smallridge"

Have you seen these:
http://www.firgelli.com /
http://www.robotshop.ca/home/products/robot-parts/motors/actuators/firgelli-actuators/index.html
Later, Jon
-------------------------------------------------------------- Jon Hylands snipped-for-privacy@huv.com http://www.huv.com/jon
Project: Micro Raptor (Small Biped Velociraptor Robot) http://www.huv.com/blog

Cool! JCD

Interesting, but still a little pricey. What is the technology? It doesn't really say in the web site.
And what about the hand in the web site?
Brad Ai Vision

http://www.robotshop.ca/home/products/robot-parts/motors/actuators/firgelli-actuators/index.html

I'm wondering about the RoboSapien in the photo that leads to the products page. Does this mean they are used in that bot ? Anyone know? JCD