elementary programe in C

can someone help me to make code for digital clock using AT89S52. The specs of clock are 12 hour clock,am-pm display,use timer interrupts to
have delay.two external inputs to adjust hours and minutes,use 4 digit hex display multiplexing.
bromio wrote:

When is your homework assignment due?
Dave :)
David L. Jones wrote:

NNTP Posting Host: 203.148.64.18
Pakistan, eh?
Michael
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes.
inetnum: 203.148.64.0 - 203.148.79.255 netname: beaconet descr: Beaconhouse IT Services ISP descr: Lahore , Pakistan country: PK
Makes a change from India I guess ?.
Graham
David L. Jones wrote:

ive been assigned to do this job within 10 days. but have to do hardware work as well so im left with at the most 5 days.
bromio wrote:

It shouldn't actually take you more than 5 hours if you knew where to start.
Let me suggest some pointers.
Do any of the 8051 timers have the ability to generate interrupts at 1 sec intervals ?
If not, how will you create a 1 second based timer ?
How will you then use that 1 second based timer to update the time and display ?
How many of the above need to be interrupts and which can be in MAIN ?
Graham

With all due respect bromio, it sounds like you might be in over your head. Makes no difference if it's a class assignment or a job. If this is the case, you shouldn't bite off more than you can chew. You might still be able to figure it out and pull it off if you're one of those super-bright types though.
That said, -I- don't know how to do what you want to do either. But I wouldn't have taken on the job in the first place (at least not with that kind of deadline) and/or I wouldn't be asking for someone to figure it out for me.
Sorry.. Good luck anyhow, though.
-phaeton
Or just buy one of these:
http://www.mashhadkit.com/2004/201.htm
phaeton wrote:

Gordon McComb scrobe on the papyrus:

. .
And you even get a free PCB layout and silk screen on the website.
--
John B

John B wrote:

Yeah, but no code. Damn! So close...
-- Gordon
bromio wrote:

As a general rule, people on these groups won't help with homework requests like this unless you have shown that you have at least had a go yourself. Have you even started?, what language are you using? Do you have any 8051 programming experience at all? This is fairly easy for someone experienced in 8051 programming, a few hours work. But for a beginner it's going to take a *lot* longer than that. I suspect you've bitten off way more than you can chew here.
Dave :)
David L. Jones wrote:

yup,ive done everything which i could and even i have postd the whole code for a check in other grops as well. Im offcourse begineer thats why im askin..
bromio wrote:

Have you yet written the equivalent of a 'hallo world' programme to run on the 8051 ( I'd choose something very simple like getting it to flash a led ) and successfully programmed the chip and seen it run ?
Graham
bromio scrobe on the papyrus:
. . .

actuelly C requiers a goud nowlege of speeling and gremmer, as if yoo doesn't speel wurds rite then yu gets "SYNTAX ERROR" evelywere.
Good Luck.
--
John B

Oh holy shit. I've pissed my pants. Have to go to bed now!
--

If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten,
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing!

You have mentioned that this is a "job". In which case your are asking somebody to do the programming for you without being paid.
I'm sure that there are *many* people in this group who can do the job for you for their consulting rate.
Otherwise I would suggest you search around http://www.avrfreaks.com / to see if there is code there.
--
D. Jay Newman ! Author of:
snipped-for-privacy@sprucegrove.com ! _Linux Robotics: Programming Smarter Robots_

If the program is as elementary as you say, then how come you can't write it yourself?
--
John B

http://www.8052.com/tutrtc.phtml

Joe G (Home) scrobe on the papyrus:

I wonder if the OP can cope with converting 8051 assembler into 'C'. I guess we'll soon find out.
--
John B

The
digit
Timers and timer IRQ handling examples are here;
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc4345.pdf