ER1 stepper motor pinouts

I'm looking for the stepper motor pinouts used by the ER1 robot from Evolution Robotics. Each stepper motor is brought out onto a 15 pin
connector.
thnx, DT
from

pin
You mean the pin outs at the connector ? The pin outs for everything from the RCM at one time were included in the Getting Started guide or one of the other .PDF files you get from installing the software.
Otherwise, do a Google search for D*a*vi*d P*ru*tc*h*i (removing the asterisks, of course) and contact him at his contact page. He is a very knowledgable on the ER1 hardware & I am guessing would be glad to help. Tell him James Deen sent you. ( I didn't want to provide any direct links out of respect to his privacy.)
Hope that helps ! JCD
Thanks for the info. The manual only has pinouts for the analog/digital auxilliary inputs. I'm reusing only the stepper motors and drive train from the ER1 and need pinouts in order to connect the motors to my own driver circuit.
DT
pogo wrote:

analog/digital

train
my own

Ok - I may be able to scrounge up some info to help. Check back here later on tonight or tomorrow! JCD
analog/digital

train
my own

Here are some links that may be of help to you: http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/geog/gessler/topics/robots.htm http://www.cs.ust.hk/~yiu/robot /
At one time the ER1 Forums had the exact info you are looking for, but of course they shut it down. What a shame.
Anyway, Prutchi's website states that the motors are "two 3.4 Volt 1.8 degree/step Shinano Kenshi SST58D3820 motors" - perhaps that info will help you determine the pin outs you need.
Good luck !
from

pin
Knowing the coil sequence might help some. You can peel back the black webbing near the motors or connector to see the wires:
"For the ER1 robot, a short delay is required. The coil sequence is RED, GREEN, BLUE, BLACK. "
from: http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/geog/gessler/borland/realworld.htm
Good luck ! JCD
Evolution's ESRP platform is pretty cool, but here is what they wrote me when I asked what it would cost to use their software on a small run product I am designing.
"Thanks for your interests in the SDK. For commercial product development, you would need to purchase a copy of ERSP SDK for R&D. When you are ready to incorporate any part of the SDK technologies in your final product (ViPR, vSLAM, etc.), we would negotiate an ongoing run-time unit licensing fee based on various factors such as retail price, volume, time to market, branding, and other sales/marketing conditions.
ERSP SDK is $30K for the main seat, and $5K/each for additional seats. Royalty/run-time licensing fees ranges anywhere between 5%-15% of final price of the product, depending on the factors I've mentioned above.
Hope this helps. Please let us know if there are any questions or if you need further clarification.
Thank you.
Regards,"
I REALLY like the way the Evolution product works, the user interface seems very intuitive to me and I think it would certainly streamline the software end of my product, but I doubt if we ever do more than 1000 units per year. 30K just to see if it will work is too high for my limited budget. Needless to say, I am now looking for some other platform to utilize. It will be interesting to see what Microsoft ends up charging for commercial use of their product. In the meantime, I'll be looking for another solution for my application.