Java programming help?

    --Looking to move up from Basic to Java; can someone suggest textbooks that're geared towards robot control?
    --TIA,
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Just another fart in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : the Elevator of Life...

I don't know of any books like that. However, I do know of a robot controller/kit that has a full Java API to control the board (which connects to a variety of servos and sensors). Try this site:
http://www.robix.com /
Perhaps you could e-mail them and see if they know of any books?
--
Robert Oschler
http://www.robotsrule.com/phpBB2 /
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Just another fart in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : the Elevator of Life...
The ER1 ERSP package ( their robot SDK ) from evolution robotics is written and programmed in Java. You have to be a ER1 owner, however. I have the kit and its pretty cool. You should contact them and make sure that you can still get the ERSP before you buy one, though.
See http://www.evolution.com