[FA:] Triple decker substitution box

Because of the large demand for these, I am raising the price in order to avoid being out of stock, so this is that last one I will be offering
at this low price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item857675357

I usually just use pots myself, then replace them with fixed resistors when the design is finalized.
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 01:40:01 +0000, James Sweet wrote:

Anyone who must yous pots, must be on drugs. Pots are used for calibration, not design! Yikes!
--
Keith

| On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 01:40:01 +0000, James Sweet wrote: | > I usually just use pots myself, then replace them with fixed resistors when | > the design is finalized. | | Anyone who must yous pots, must be on drugs. Pots are used for | calibration, not design! Yikes!
What works, works.
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:54:59 +0000, NSM wrote:

If one needs to use pots to design, it's (whatever "it" is) not likely to work. I simply cannot imagine using a pot in the design phase. They're ugly enough when they're needed to calibrate. Yeesh!
--
Keith

keith wrote:

likely to

They're
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Keith: It sounds to me that you are the one on drugs. Good luck selling your triple decker substitution boxes.... they went out with the dinosaurs. Most design engineers DO NOT use substitution boxes but rather "tack in" approximate values of resistors derived from calculation or educated guesses and/or will use a pot in a finicky initial design when experimenting with tolerances. electricitym
Keith: "yous" pots....... nice grammer and spelling.... maybe you are the one on drugs.... or "pot" ? ? electricitym
On 11 Dec 2004 22:11:02 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

^^^^^^^ Jesus wept...
Bob Stephens wrote:

= = = = = = Bob: Nice "pick up" on grammar. I didn't "yous" my spell checker for that posting. electrictym . . .

No sales? Not too surprised!

I am not surprised either....... you can find this on his website www.99dollarcomputer.com I can not believe any serious electronics hobbiest is buying these.... even at the EBay bid price of $31 At a few places I worked over the years, the design engineers would roughly calculate or make an educated guess about the resistor value and reach in the parts bin and solder tack on a resistor.... and then change it if need be. I have seen them also use a potentiometer to zero in on a critical value.... and they were not on drugs either as the OP suggested. Dan . . .

I actually understand the "name" and arbitrary pricing. The name is a rip-off of the 99 cent store. The arbitrary price is a way of pointing out what a bargain it is IF you pay less.
I have rarely used a Decade box myself, and when I did it was a L&N .001% unit used for precision calibration.