[FA:] Triple decker substitution box

Because of the large demand for these, I am raising the price in order to avoid being out of stock, so this is that last one I will be offering at this low price.

Guy Macon

I usually just use pots myself, then replace them with fixed resistors when the design is finalized.

Reply to
James Sweet

Anyone who must yous pots, must be on drugs. Pots are used for calibration, not design! Yikes!

Reply to
keith

If one needs to use pots to design, it's (whatever "it" is) not likely to work. I simply cannot imagine using a pot in the design phase. They're ugly enough when they're needed to calibrate. Yeesh!

Reply to
keith

likely to

They're

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Keith: It sounds to me that you are the one on drugs. Good luck selling your triple decker substitution boxes.... they went out with the dinosaurs. Most design engineers DO NOT use substitution boxes but rather "tack in" approximate values of resistors derived from calculation or educated guesses and/or will use a pot in a finicky initial design when experimenting with tolerances. electricitym

Reply to
electricitym

Keith: "yous" pots....... nice grammer and spelling.... maybe you are the one on drugs.... or "pot" ? ? electricitym

Reply to
electricitym

No sales? Not too surprised!

Reply to
Clarence

I am not surprised either....... you can find this on his website

I can not believe any serious electronics hobbiest is buying these.... even at the EBay bid price of $31 At a few places I worked over the years, the design engineers would roughly calculate or make an educated guess about the resistor value and reach in the parts bin and solder tack on a resistor.... and then change it if need be. I have seen them also use a potentiometer to zero in on a critical value.... and they were not on drugs either as the OP suggested. Dan . . .

Reply to
Sofie

I actually understand the "name" and arbitrary pricing. The name is a rip-off of the 99 cent store. The arbitrary price is a way of pointing out what a bargain it is IF you pay less.

I have rarely used a Decade box myself, and when I did it was a L&N .001% unit used for precision calibration.

Reply to
Clarence

^^^^^^^ Jesus wept...

Reply to
Bob Stephens

Bob: Nice "pick up" on grammar. I didn't "yous" my spell checker for that posting. electrictym . . .

Reply to
electricitym