help with choosing parts for project

I'm looking to design and develop a remote controlled motor. The way i want to implement is to have a RF transmitter chip which will recieve digital inputs (pushbuttons) convert it to analog signal and the transmitter will then transmit the signal to RF receiver chip which will then convert it back to digital signal and send it to a PIC microcontroller (16f818, specs: 3V,

4MHz oscilator and 1 Mhz internal clock). The PIC microcontroller will then understand the signal and increase or decrease the speed of the motor accordingly. (Basically the concept is based on a remote control cars which kids play with).

I'm interested in knowing which kind (specs,brand etc) of RF receiver and transmitter chips can i use to work in this project. Obviously being a college student i would like to purchase cheap parts :) Any input will be higly appereciated.

Reply to
Amol Desai