will 9.6 vdc charger work for a 7.2 vdc battery pack ?

Hello guys - I figure this is the best place to ask this question!
I have 2 different RC battery packs - one 7.2 VDC and one 9.6 VDC. The
charger for the 9.6 VDC pack says it outputs 12 vdc, will it work ok for the 7.2 VDC, or would that be too much for it ? If so, would I need to unplug it sooner than for the 9.6 one ? Both chargers are just "wall warts" with no evidence of any overcharging protection.
Thanks for the help !