Humanoid looking robots

Hi there
Does any one know if any human looking/behaving robots have been researched/built?
I saw a film a while back about a robot cowboy and animals(west world I
think) that looked like the real thing but were really robots.
Anyone have any info on this?
Naveed
Naveed wrote:

The actors in "West World" were not actually robots. They were cadavers. They scooped the brains out and replaced them with R/C units that controlled the muscle movement by sending electrical impulses down the spinal cord. Most of the cadavers had been donated for medical or scientific use, and some of the families were upset to see them used in a movie. Imagine going to the theater, and suddenly seeing your dead husband or father appear on the screen. There was a lawsuit over the issue, and I believe that the families of the deceased individuals won a rather significant settlement.
-bob
Bob wrote:

This is exactly why Michael Crichton decided to do the film Looker, which was about recreating actors digitally. The actors would THEN be killed, rather than the other way around. You have to agree this approach makes better sense, and it's not as smelly.
-- Gordon
"Bob"

Wow, never heard of this movie. I'm going to imdb right now, but when did it show? Is it something I can find at hollywood video or blockbuster?
Padu
Padu wrote:

He's being facetious. "WestWorld" should be readily available--its sequel "Futureworld" less so. 1973 movie written by Micheal Crichton, with Yul Brynner, David Benjamin, and James Brolin.
There's apparently a remake in the works.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Naveed wrote:

You might browse the following website ...
http://www.androidworld.com /
- dan michaels www.oricomtech.com ====================

Our skewl built a robot cow for training horses in rodeo competitions...it didn't really look like a cow but it acted like one and didn't get tired
The real ones get tired (or bored) after a while and lie down requiring a supply of fresh cows for a long training session
thus became ROBOCOW!