Interactive r2d2

I saw this item priced real low at

Check it out if you are still in the market to purchase one.

Reply to
hexneffex

Yes, hurry before LucasFilm shuts down the domain.

Whoever registered this domain yesterday needs to be reminded about Lucas' very acvtive legal department and the use of their tradenames "Star Wars" and "R2 D2," even if you're selling a product that has been licensed. Advertising about it here isn't going to help much.

Reply to
Gordon McComb

I try to never even say the name "Lucas" out loud- let alone hawk his wares......He can hear you...........

Reply to
castvee8

Did I ever tell you the time he got my rocket ship bubble gum dispenser? It was back in '78 or so when I (and he) were in the San Fernando Valley area of LA. I went into a pinball machine shop in Burbank, and they had this absolutely gorgeous fully restored metal rocket ship bubble gum machine they had refurbished. Authentic from the 50s or early 60s. These weren't toys, but the kind that they had at drug stores or barber shops. They wanted $95 for it, which was about $90 more than I had at the time, but I was determined to get it. It took about a month of my wife and I working our jobs (I got min. wage back then, about $2.65 an hour), but we finally saved up, only to learn a "movie producer" bought it a week or two before.

Fast forward a few decades and I'm watching an interview with GL and lo and behold, there's the rocket ship gumball machine behind him! Same paint job as I remembered it. Had to be the same one, considering the rarity of the item, and that Black Falcon and other Lucas companies were located very close to the store at that time. These days you can sometimes find them for about $500-1,000.

Oh well. The one with the money wins out first. I'm sure I spent my $95 of some other junk.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

The great GL is indeed great and all powerful....But taking candy from you(well a candy machine) is certainly unforgivable. I think you should write him of this travesty......Or, again just yell out your name and phone number(wait till you are alone in the house-Lest you get committed to an asylum by family members) and mention him in the rant.......He will certainly "hear" and contact you(or his legal team for taunting him with the past). At the very least take a tour of the place and grab a whole handful of mints from the craft table. (If you do send me one!) Hope you are getting some free time to spend on your Budget robotics business. Last I heard from you, you didnt have much time to do any creative construction. I miss the other robotics site you created some time back also. Now proceed to plot your revenge........

Mark

Reply to
castvee8